Friday 7 February 2020

NODDY - ΝΟΝΤI


 Noddy, spelt Nonti in Greek


When baby sitting my, now teenage, grandaughter Noddy was the surest way to keep her quiet and happy.  There were nights when she woke at 2am, fretful and asking for her mother and crying for Noddy.  The video went on darn quick and she watched Nonti until she dropped off to sleep.  Noddy was my saviour


I remember the intro song, even though the kids have migrated to video games and action movies

I have watched all these children's programmes over and over again. As most grandparents know their little ones soak up their favourites repeatedly, over and over and over again.

My favourites were Postman Pat and also the two bunnies, Ruby and her little brother Max.  The intro songs were in their original language but the episodes themselves dubbed into greek. I was so disappointed, upset even, when I heard the Smurfs, Stroumfakia here, speaking with an American twang. No, no, no!! Smurfs speak greek!!

These classic children's programmes have remained in all our family memories.  Thomas the tank engine, Felix the Cat, Teletubbies, Little Einstein's.  Fireman Sam became a later favourite because of the naughty little boy, Norman Price. Norman was a great delight , twin of my youngest grandson Jamie, always up to some mischief.

I'm sure all those with young children have their own favourites. Fun fun fun



10 comments:

  1. Ha, love it. My husband always remembers seeing a dubbed episode of Bonanza on TV in Tokyo back in the early 1970s. He said how strange it was to hear Little Joe and Hoss speaking Japanese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really strange!! You get used to one lot of voices and any other is just so fake.

      Delete
  2. My mother told me while in Greece I hear the start of days of our lives and came running into the room to hear English. I started crying when they spoke Greek lol
    I was only five and apparently very homesick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness most of those American serials are now in the original language with subtitles. Even movies.
      Poor kid!

      Delete
  3. Exactly the same programs I've seen here with my grandchildren over and over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That 'over and over!!
      You know exactly how it is.

      Delete
  4. Our grandchildren, when they were very small, all seemed to like Pingu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I remember Pingu. Not my favourite but they loved him too

      Delete
  5. Wonderful to have had something, which 'did the trick,' and soothed a crying child. -smile-

    And yes, over and over and over! 'Till the care giver nearly pulls her hair out! -grin-

    I did love "Madeline" though. We watched that, every day, before afternoon nap. -smile-

    Memories...

    ⛄ ☃ ⛄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I've seen Madelaine a few too many times too. You wonder what they see in them after a dozen showings

      Delete