Wednesday 5 February 2020

Glasses

I lost my eye glasses just before christmas.  Heavens know how.  How do you lose glasses that you wear almost every minute  
you're awake?  Well, I managed it.  And I've only just got them replaced.

For the last month or so I have been wearing some old glasses, an old prescription.  The lens were plastic or some soft stuff that got more and more scratched, making my sight rather blurry besides the fact that they weren't strong enough.

Well, today I saw the light again.  Last week we finally got to a big-ish city where I could order a new pair of stronger glasses.  They had to be sent to Athens to be made and then couriered on to Poros.  And they arrived today.  Hallelujah.





Thank goodness too for a change in fashion.  The new ones are on the top of the photo, nice big frames.


And hey presto, they turn into sun glasses by placing magnetic shades over the lens.

I can see.  I can see.  And I learnt how to play Youtube on the television set.  I'm watching at the moment programme after programme on the big screen of the english series 'Yes. Minister'.
Good old english humour at its best.

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes. Yes Minister was one of the best ever. Nothing like it around today unfortunately, even if I could hear the TV!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'm on to the Good Life with Richard Briers and Felicity Kendall.
      YouTube is so much more entertaining on the TV screen

      Delete
  2. Very cool glasses indeed.
    I’m due this year for new ones.
    A change is going to be good after two years with the same look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the glasses I lost wire frames, but these are cool indeed

      Delete
  3. You can see again! Nice glasses.

    I lost a couple of pairs of (expensive) ones last year - couldn't find them anywhere so I ended up buying a 6 pack of glasses in assorted colours Cheap as chips, just over £10.00 the lot. Needless to say, I haven't lost a single pair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sod's law, or is it Murphy's law. Still can't work out what happened to my glasses. They haven't surfaced and it's 2 months now.

      Delete