Sunday 30 June 2019

NZ Day


T-shirts galore.  And more

Half the family turned up for coffee in their New Zealand t-shirts today.  They are always a popular choice.




Elli's has a Silver Fern down one side, a well known (in NZ) symbol of the country



K was wearing his old and beloved rugby style T-shirt
That's the silver fern again with New Zealand written underneath





Poppi has three mosaic kiwis
The kiwi is our national symbol, a flightless bird with a long beak who lays a gigantic egg, and only comes out at night


Luli has the ever popular I 'heart' NZ



Son-in-law is wearing a t-shirt with the map of NZs 2 islands, North and South



Cool kiwis crossing Abbey Road



There we were with our NZ t-shirts and in came a 
catamaran flying a faded NZ flag

I went over to talk to them as they were tying up and asked them if they had sailed all the way from New Zealand.  One of them had, starting out 5 months ago.  They were obviously busy so I didn't hold them too long, especially after one of them asked if I was an Australian.






14 comments:

  1. Ha, ha! Presumably he was not a kiwi himself if he couldn't tell the difference in accent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well he sounded like a kiwi and damn well should have picked it up. I've still got a very strong kiwi accent. One of his mates told him off!
    Idiot

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know fern was a symbol for New Zealand. A t shirt day. I bet there were some interesting ones.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll see the silver fern at sporting events. NZ athletes wear black usually with a silver fern on the front

      Delete
  4. Well are are like siblings so yeah Aussie kiwi doesn’t matter lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As my Australian family in Perth always tells me. I should be proud of both countries. Well, I am, but roots are roots!

      Delete
  5. Love the Kiwis walkking across Abbey Road t shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the best t-shirt but unfortunately it only comes on small girl sizes.

      Delete
  6. Ouch - that would've hurt:)
    Maybe it was all the sea water in his ears hampering his hearing.
    You should said six to him then he'd have known which nationality you were (says she ducking)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. Sex? Yees! I've got used to the English mocking my accent, but one of my own?

      Delete
  7. A Silver Feather.... What a lovely symbol. Happppy NZ Day, a bit late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every day is NZ day around here. Expats, and their children, just love their himeland

      Delete
  8. A lovely collection of t. shirts all so symbolically displaying their love of homeland.
    People often ask me if I'm Australian, I just reply "close" :)
    Have a lovely week !
    ~Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your accent must have changed over the years. You must have a Tennessee twang by now!!

      Delete