Wednesday 26 June 2019

Beans Piaz

Black eyed peas
Fassolia piaz


Any sort of dried peas, soaked overnight and boiled till soft or use a tin of beans

Mix well with a lot of olive oil, lemon juice or vinegar, finely chopped parsley, chopped onion, salt and pepper.  


I add vinegar and parsley, tasting till it has the right tang even mixing in a little hot mustard.  
This is one of my favourite summer salads.  

I think these beans needed a bit more boiling, their effects on the body were dramatic!


If you're looking for something more substantial you could add chopped tomato, olives, avocado, tuna, sliced green pepper, chopped celery, or  a handful of red kidney beans. You could even used lentils instead of beans.  Beware. Traditional greek people do not  like it this way!



12 comments:

  1. Oh yes. Nothing like beans to produce an explosive result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't usually affect me so much. These were potent.

      Delete
  2. You gave me an idea for tomorrow's dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the rouble with beans - I do like them but not the end result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is some trick to stop the gas....a little. I'll have to Google

      Delete
  4. I have a jar of Black Eyed Peas that are waiting for some good idea. I hadn't thought of making them into a salad. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bean salad in the summer is really good. Add some chilli's as well!

      Delete
  5. I love tweaking old recipes. And no traditionalist don’t like it. But I say change is as good as a holiday lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It annoys me so much! If it wasn't what how his mother made it he pushes the plate away

      Delete
  6. Gotta' watch those "body effects," with beans!!!! -grin-

    Of course, having them, not quite boiled enough, once a week, would keep one 'regular'!

    ✨✨✨✨✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gives you a bit of peace and quiet too. Every one avoids like the 😈 devil

      Delete