Wednesday 26 July 2023

Nemo

Something new 
Family fun for everyone



Nemo
as this semi-submarine  is called, is cruising around Poros this summer taking tourists and locals out for a tour of the seabed.
This depiction is from their site,  Pan Saronic. It shows exactly how it works

They say
'with the upper part staying on the surface and the lower part, with it's large windows, you get the sensation of a real dive'

12 spaces available, airconditioning, and from what we've heard its only 15 euros for a 45 minute underwater experience.  There are night tours too.

Forget the Titanic, you could jump out of this and swim to shore.  If you had to.



This is the photo I took

I don't think I'll be trying it.  Me and small boats do not get on well together.

 

14 comments:

  1. Looks like fun for some.
    We went on the glass bottom viewing thing out at the Great Barrier Reef. It was wonderful. Much bigger though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'd try it if it was bigger. Maybe. I'm sure the Barrier Reef would be worth the view

      Delete
  2. I did a similar one on the Great Barrier Reef. It was amazing. Getting close with the aquatic world while staying very dry. Wasn’t as cute as this one though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine the Barrier reef would be amazing. I might try that, on a nice big boat

      Delete
  3. What a fascinating concept - I think I would try it if I had a chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would really love a go on that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminds me of the glass bottom boat at Goat Island that ferries tourists around in Summer. I must say I don't know if I would get on it either, swells don't agree with my tummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh those 'slight swells' can bring on the worst seasickness. Me and small boats do not get on in any way

      Delete
  6. 15 Euros? I'd be on it every day for a month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price is excellent but I ll let you try it out and tell me all about it!

      Delete
  7. F wonders how Mr T would take to a glass bottom boat (even one dressed up as a bath toy submarine) and assumes if there were fish to watch and he was completely dry it would all be taken in stride. If it involved going completely under water you wouldn't get F anywhere near it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems scary to me too. I wouldn't try it.

    ReplyDelete