Monday 12 December 2022

Produce

 I haven't made a Christmas cake yet so I'm enriching my latest batch of Christmas mincemeat with whisky. Don't want it go mouldy do I.

And better that the mincemeat drinks the whisky than certain others. Now if it was gin, well that wouldn't happen. The gin doesn't sit around long enough for it to be mixed into anything other than tonic


Single serve Christmas pud.
Given to me back in summer by an English girl clearing out her Mum's flat. 
I bought loads of things, money going to strays. Another expat gone. 
This Xmas pud will not be a single serve. There are 3 maybe 4 who will be around our Xmas table and enjoy a taste of this. Just a taste, with loads of, Greek, custard. 
I might just take this out of the package and feed it with whisky too



One of my birthday presents
Lots of bottles of good wine, the oldest from 2013 
And many kilos of apples
Apple crumble on the menu today.  Apple and beetroot chutney in the pot yesterday.  Thanks kids


Pickled onions
Made by K this year, under my strict supervision. 
He gets bored on these long nights so I'm finding him projects to keep him from getting restless

19 comments:

  1. That's the spirit!
    Sounds like your Christmas will be delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be English and Greek dishes. Far too much as usual

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't mind sampling the wines. Cheers🍾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know what they're like. All Greek

      Delete
  3. Hmmm, wine! What a delightful gift! I am behind on my Christmas baking ~ cookies and fudge and cranberry nut bread. I did a trial run on one recipe, but we ate them all. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your baking is amazing. No wonder you eat it all!! Oh for a Canadian xmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all sounds like it’s going to be very delish
    Since your in midwinter it will definitely help hear you all up.
    Come to think of it. This year I’ll need it to warm me up. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today was a beautiful sunny day. I hope winter doesn't suddenly appear, not around Xmas anyway

      Delete
  6. By the time we've ploughed through the Turkey et al, we only want a teaspoon of Pud'. A tiny one is enough (with brandy butter and thick cream, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Count me in for the whiskey (or brandy) on cake, fruit mince, trifle, maybe even in an occasional glass :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope my daughter is going to make a pavlova for Xmas but a trifle wouldn't go amiss

      Delete
  8. F's been using up some of the masticha supply in our Christmas pudding. 6 yr old grandson coming over on Saturday to make and decorate Danish xmas biscuits. Yours is looking like it is shaping up well. Xxx Mr T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of adding mastiha too. We've got so much if it, leftover from Easter.

      Delete
  9. It looks like you will have a delicious and wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be delicious. Hope the weather is good too

      Delete
  10. I was born and raised in England so I like all the traditional goodies. Unfortunately nobody amongst this Canadian family feels the same way,lol. Except for son #2, he loves it all. He's a flight director and will be in London just after Christmas. He can't wait to hit the grocery stores and bring all the Christmas food bargains home!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness I made the traditional Xmas goodies over the years and my girls like them. It makes me happy to have the old English traditions. The ones that I was brought up with
      Hope you get to enjoy the old tastes

      Delete