Saturday 21 March 2020

Taking Out the Rubbish

I went for a walk along the top road yesterday as far as the rubbish bins.  Surprisingly I saw 4 people.  One was feeding his chooks.  He comes up every day to see his little menagerie.  One neighbour passed  on a motorbike on a little outing along the back road.   I also greeted, from 5 metres away, our neighbours who have just arrived from Athens to spend the quarantine on the island.

They blithely told me they had been shopping and told me they were going again tomorrow if I wanted anything.  Two supposedly intelligent people who are completely ignoring the 14 day isolation for those coming in from elsewhere, putting all those on the island and their elderly mother at risk.  I told them to keep their distance and no thanks we did not need anything from them!

No-one is allowed to cross to the island now unless they have a permit.   Should have been done a week ago.




View of the sea over the hills and gulleys
From the rubbish bins


There are very few wild flowers.  Spring seems to be late this year but I did find this patch of irises which come up in one corner every year


A bright and cheerful thistle




Looking down our little road

10 comments:

  1. Quarantine? Self isolate? They don't mean me. I am special.
    Gorgeous views there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh, exactly. And these neighbours are a school teacher and an architect. I have an excuse,I'm a foreigner. They are just plain stupid

      Delete
  2. I wish I had a sea view here from the window of my isolation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sea might be distant but I do like seeing it there on the horizon

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's so green at the moment. I love this time of the year

      Delete
  4. Rules never apply to certain people, do they. Stay in until you're down to your last cornflake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This couple are supposedly educated. What didn't they understand. As you say, rules never apply to certain people. We've got into the rhythm now. No need to go out at all, though a walk to the rubbish bins, about 150 metres is a nice stroll .

      Delete
  5. Even thistles look good in the spring sunshine. Soon be summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s because of idiots we all suffer in the end. Seriously

    ReplyDelete