Sunday 5 June 2022

Jubilee

 I'm watching the Jubilee Parade on Sky News, or some of it.  I have some ironing to do now it's slightly cooler and soon Hercule Poirot begins.  He's more interesting I'm afraid than vintage Morris Minors and buses full of people I don't recognise.  Well, except for Basil Brush.  He's the hero for me.


It's all most impressive though.  A parade of Britishness which I am sure is being enjoyed all over England.  And Scotland and Wales?


Here on the island there was a taverna party at a seaside taverna.  A good time was had by all apparently.  It was well attended by British expats, other foreign residents and visitors. 15euros a head,  proceeds to stray dogs.

 This local alien did not attend.    




Petros' Taverna all set up with two long tables
Many local-foreigners


The Queen herself was there to greet her subjects, far away in this sunny corner of the universe.   She was  available for selfies


Thanks to my english friend J for the photos



Even longer may she reign


15 comments:

  1. Proceeds to stay dogs. How generous and thoughtful. Basil Brush for PM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been watching any of the televised celebrations, but then I generally don't watch TV anyway.
    HM looks very well there in your photo. Good of her to drop by to say hello.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the Brits were humbled and touched by her brief visit. Photos all round to prove it

      Delete
  3. I have loved it and watched far more than I expected to. There has been lots going on here with parties in the villages and churches. I went to the church one this morning, morning breakfast. The Queen and William and Kate and the children looked so happy, as did Charles and Camilla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a big royal fan but yes, even long may she reign! So wonderful to see such a big, positive event in a world that is so disjointed and troubled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melbourne was all lit up for the jubilee
    And they did show the big party on the telly. I didn’t watch it. I love the queen she’s always put her job before anything. I will miss her when she goes. The rest of the family I’m not so sure about.
    Bless her. What a good innings she’s had

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was totally stunned both by the concert, and yesterday's parade. The world has not seen such things before, and I doubt will again. Proud to be a Brit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven’t watched any of the jubilee except what’s been on the news. But I thought it was hilarious that Kim Kardashian was denied tickets to the party. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never got into basil brush as a child, I could never understand the fascination. As for the Queen there were many documentaries shown about her, I think she's done a pretty good job of being a monarch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't believe that even on Poros HM was being delebrated. One would be amused to find that out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And of course apart from Her Maj the star of the show was the youngest Royal of them all (not counting the two who weren’t there or their parents who don’t want to be Royal)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't iron at all, perhaps I've gotten lazy as I've gotten older, my nana use to iron everything like tea towels, pillow cases, flannels etc.

    ReplyDelete