Monday 1 February 2021

Out in the Fresh Air

 

Another day, another walk.  This is my usual walk but I'm getting tired of it.  Yesterday I walked by the sea again in the sunshine and the other day I took a right turn instead of a left



The church of St John
It has one service towards the end of September unless someone wants to hold a baptism or wedding there or a special service for good health or one of thanks




This stone house has been a building site for at least the last five years. A few months ago they finally tiled the roof and most days there seems to be someone working there.
Maybe it will be finished for this summer.
It's a lovely house looking over the fertile valley of Fousa where people of Poros have their grapevines and olive trees.
I love the warm colour of the tiles


I collect pine cones and sticks to light the fire



14 comments:

  1. Your pine cones and sticks could be a work of art LA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are certainly good fire starters and they're all over the place. Lots of pines here

      Delete
  2. That stone house is lovely. I hope it is finished and someone can love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I'd love to see it completed and landscaped. I've been waiting years 😁 for it to brighten the neighbourhood

      Delete

  3. Love the stone house and the pine cones are very artistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to see the inside of the stone house too when it's finished

      Delete
  4. Nothing to do with your today's posting, but why do your photos always have writing on them? Do you do this yourself, or is it your camera that insists?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The writing has only appeared since I changed phones about 6 months ago. I presumed it was part of the cameras setup. Tall grandson will know. I'll ask him next time I see him

      Delete
  5. Just getting out into something other than a concrete jungle would be appealing right now. At least we have the sea but we've yet to perfect walking on water. That house looks promising. It has been amazing us how much building work has been going on round even here during lockdowns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone around here is busy though it's mainly pruning olive trees at the moment.

      Delete
  6. I used to love collecting pine cones for fire lighting. Most farms had at least one old tree that could be counted upon for cones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A big bag full is nice and light to carry and the bend-down pick-up is good exercise. I don't mind at all. We've had a lot of wind so there are cones everywhere. The island is covered in pines

      Delete
  7. We used to collect pine cones too, we managed to melt the portable BBQ one year, the heat from the pinecones was too much for the aluminium grill! I wonder if the owners of the house live overseas and will retire there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the owners live in Athens. They are certainly not local. I dont know if they will live there permanently or it will be a holiday home.

      Delete