At first glance I thought it was a huge locust... I never knew octopus can be BBQed. I know they have to get a good beating against the rocks (fisherman do that here) to tenderise and to avoid the ”guminess” of the meat. Greetings Maria x
Oh yummy! It’s starting to look very nice in your part of the world We are getting colder everyday. Today we have sunshine. But a cool wind and there are dark clouds coming. Enjoy xx
STORAGE
-
*Today is another Coffee & Chat morning. So I shall wander down to the
Community Centre at 10 and spend an hour listening to various
conversations, ch...
Inedible
-
Step-nephew's wife asked for a strawberry hat for their child. Why do
people want to wear stuff that looks like food?
Work in progress.
One of my fellow Pi...
A book for Christmas
-
Welcome to the season of spectacular sunrises. A time of the year when cold
air from the Arctic battles warm air from the Azores with dramatic results.
...
A Seasonal Dish, but the 'Lazy Way'
-
For some bizarre reason I woke at 6 am on Sunday morning, rather than my
usual 5 am. A whole hour of my life had gone by without my knowledge, or my
pe...
A Gift Of Flowers💐
-
A dear friend died today . I was left with the emotion and it had *nowhere
to go ! *
*Soon after Mandy from next door , brought me some dahlias from her...
The adventure part
-
The other day, when I wrote about the drastic improvement in my visual
acuity following the laser treatment I had in Blois on Monday, I mentioned
there w...
Wet wet wet
-
this morning we took the girls back home. Their two little cousins were
coming over as their parents had a wedding. It’s lovely how they all get on
On ...
Seasons Of Mists
-
Summer Days have not yet took their leave.
The most perfect of Autumnal days today, blue skies and sunshine galore.
Our rainfall has been little to none f...
The runner/jogger rant.....
-
I have a bone to pick with runners. I am not sure why, but they seem to
think they have the right of way, regardless of traffic lights, or how
narrow t...
Issues with Blogger
-
I can’t be the only one who has realized this but I sometimes like to put
it out there and see if others want to add anything. My reading list has
been ...
Happy New Year to all of us.
-
Tomorrow is our New Year's Eve. In previous years there was always
excitement in the air. As if something good was about to happen, lots of
good hopes a...
it's time to go
-
I have had a lot of fun letting you know how I feel about my new home of
New Zealand. I hope you have enjoyed my journey, too.
My health is not the best...
BRIGHTON
-
In our local paper this morning was this photo of Falmer pond. It said it
was in Sussex so I did a google search to see where Falmer is as I was
brought u...
Multi Tasking
-
There was a storm this afternoon - thunder, lightening, very, very
frightening. Unable to get outside to do any gardening I decided to use
the time to d...
Books 1-7
-
Bloody River Blues by Jeffery Deaver
Well, that wasn't a good start to the year! I read 125 pages (which was
more than a third of the book) and I just c...
Xmas decorations
-
Greymouth has 3 main streets in town. On the way home from work at night
I've been stopping to take photos of some of the shop window decorations.
It'...
A Birthday Present.
-
I reached the grand old age of 62 last Friday. Like that great English
folk singer Sandy Denny once sang:
"Who knows where the time goes?"
I received ...
Quince, Life, and Puppy Dog Tales
-
The season of mellow mists inevitably means that I suddenly have a deep
desire to store food in the form of jams, pickles and syrups. It also
means that...
Friday prayers
-
Look at sales figures, origins, annual reports, statements from company
chairmen; become armchair investors and see what you would do yourself,
annual ...
Aoteaora's first Maori police woman
-
Evelyn Mete Kingi was born Evelyn Owen in Moerewa and has been described as
a woman of resilience and character.
She was born in 1922 and joined the thir...
Farewell My Friends
-
After blogging for nearly six years, I have decided to retire. Blogging
filled an empty spot in my life after losing my husband, but that has
changed...
Catching up!
-
Oh dear, nearly six months since I last posted a blog. It is not that I
have been bothered to write to you. Oh no. It is because words have been
absent ...
Professing !
-
Actual professing.
There are times when every learned person has the duty of stepping up to
the line and of explaining the intricacies of life from the...
Internal Garden Monologue
-
If you had told me 5 years ago, I would be sitting in a house, at a table
over looking a front garden in Scotland, I would have laughed my socks
off. I...
A Note of Sadness
-
One of the problems about getting so involved with these m/s recipe books
is that I feel as though I almost know the women who wrote them. I can see
how th...
At first glance I thought it was a huge locust...
ReplyDeleteI never knew octopus can be
BBQed. I know they have to get a good beating against the rocks (fisherman do that here) to tenderise and to avoid the ”guminess” of the meat.
Greetings Maria x
It is a bit tough when it's bbqed but it is sliced quite thinly and my husband and friends consider it the perfect snack with ouzo.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI love BBQ octopus, do you freeze it first before drying it and bashing it?
ReplyDeleteIf you freeze it first it does tenderise the octopus, either that or bash it 100 times on the rocks.
DeleteOh yummy!
ReplyDeleteIt’s starting to look very nice in your part of the world
We are getting colder everyday.
Today we have sunshine. But a cool wind and there are dark clouds coming.
Enjoy xx
I hope you don't have a warmer winter. NZ seems to be having one storm after another.
DeleteFresh Octopus is so expensive here, the nearest I get is tinned!
ReplyDeleteSo much easier to get it in a tin! We can get tinned octopus here too. Never tried it though and probably never will. Not allowed!
DeleteIt's OK, but nothing like the real thing.
DeleteI had no idea what it was at first glance but glad to know it's Octopus, that's yummy.
ReplyDeleteThe photo wasn't all that clear. I should have mentioned that it was only one of the tentacles!
DeleteOuzo on the verandah sounds good. Especially with a big dollop of sunshine, Rain and wind here today.
ReplyDeleteDays have been really warm but not much sunshine getting through. We have a thick cover of red dust from Africa.
DeleteI hope the red dust will not come here, a lot of sunshine here.
ReplyDeleteI'm surprised you dont get any dust. You are much cloer to the Sahara. Must be how the wind blows
Delete