Sunday 8 September 2024

A Day in the Life


 A Day in the life of a holiday maker.




Sunshine, sand and sea. If we had decent wifi I would be an even happier holiday-er. It's slower than a wet week at the beach.
The sea is once again full of fish that bite. It's a no-fishing area and they know it.  But it's Ks legs they go for. They've already taken a few tasty bites.  Fast food on the hoof.
There are lots of people, weekenders who are still active Navy crew and their small children. Ha, schools open in 3 days and they'll all be gone. It will just be us of the older generation.

We sit on the balcony at night after dinner at the grill and listen to the endless call of the scops owl...with a drink of Jack Daniels. Thanks Elli ...and Kyriakos who passed a full bottle on to me.
The shrill excited voices of small children can be heard till well after midnight. But at a distance, from the children's playground down by the sea.
We take all we get from the Navy. They didn't provide much when K was on active service. 
It's slightly more expensive than last year. From 70 to 80 euros for a 12 night stay. The Greek salad has gone up from 1.80 to 1.90 euros.
Still within our budget ....big smile.





21 comments:

  1. That really is a cheap holiday. Worth putting up with carrying the kitchen sink with you and a few other things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 12 coat hangers, 4 loo rolls, bucket and mop and more clothes than we ever need. I take a week getting it all together. 20 minutes to fill the car, 40 minutes at the other end because there are steps. Make the beds and time for a cold something and a survey of the menu. Got it down pat!!

      Delete
  2. It sounds and looks a really good and inexpensive holiday. Lucky you two in paradise. Enjoy your holiday Linda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's inexpensive and clean and lots of people to watch. 12 nights is more than enough. It could get boring although I've brought 10 books with me!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks. Alls well as long as the weather holds!

      Delete
  4. 12 nights at the beach and 10 books, sounds good to me!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I read all the books! I always take one or 2 extra incase there's a dud amongst them

      Delete
  5. I had to laugh at those nibbling fish - poor K!
    Have an awesome holiday :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're small fish but darn they've got sharp teeth. Piranhas!

      Delete
  6. I don’t think I’d like being a taste mezeth for the fish. Jack sounds perfect while enjoying the views. I’d be looking forward to when the kids go back to school too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I have all the books. I was going to bring some cotton yarn to. Crochet but at the last minute changes my mind. Too hot really.
      Roll on Wednesday. School day!

      Delete
  7. It must be very annoying knowing that you might be bitten when swimming. They need teaching a lesson!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they fish all darn winter and eat kilos of those darn things. But they don't bite me. Strange. Touch wood!!

      Delete
  8. Have a wonderful time and enjoy. Shame about the biting fish!! Maybe K needs to catch a few to teach them a lesson!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. K would be putting out nets every day if he could!!

      Delete
  9. All over the world people are waiting for the day when the children go to school for some quiet hours. small world

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds as though you two have an awesome holiday coming up! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete