Monday 30 September 2024

Photo Shots

 


Summer Shots from the Greek island of Poros



Doesn't that water look so inviting
It's Poppi of course with their cocker spaniel Boem (whom I call Rusty. For no particular reason.  I 'do' nicknames)



Time for a free workout on Poros waterfront
Not in the midday sun



The 10 cats that live next door.

Our neighbours are foreign.  They've been renting here for over a year and have adopted all the neighbourhood cats.  Fine.
Except that every few weeks they leave for a week or 10 days.  They obviously leave food for them which lasts a few days and then they all migrate over to us.
I've had enough.  I'll tell them, whenever I see them, that they've got to pay someone to come up and feed them daily.

These cats are allowed inside their house and except Royal treatment.
No way am I having 10 cats inside my house.  Visiting dogs are welcome but not 10 semi-wild cats.  We can't leave doors or windows open because they'll be inside in an instant.  Where we have fly screens they've climbed up them and made holes in the screens.  They've broken a lot of my garden ornaments, dig in my pot plants and won't let us eat in peace outside on the terrace.

Enough.  No more cats!!!




Evil eyes and guardian angels.
Every house has a few blue eyes hanging on the wall, inside the car, protecting us from evil spirits and jealous thoughts
And if that's not enough we have a basket of garlic as well

A pity they don't banish cats as well



12 comments:

  1. My dear one has an evil eye that deters cats . He calls it a garden hose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used that many times!! It's the most effective repellant but they do return. Darn them

      Delete
  2. We have seven cats here on the smallholding. They are supposed to earn their keep mousing and ratting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as they stay outside and fill their tummies with mice you're a lucky man.

      Delete
  3. How annoying. I love cats, but as pets not as pests. I hope your neighbours will listen to your request - if they are going to care for them they are making a commitment and should uphold it (my opinion, anyway).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are far too many. They can be neutered next month but it's too late . Their numbers are not going down and in winter there are more cats in the area from houses where the occupants have returned to Athens

      Delete
  4. That is very rude of them - they need to make provision for the cats when they are away. You definitely need a cat deterrent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is irresponsible. I don'tt know how they live there with all those cats inside the house, up on benches, tables and chairs

      Delete
  5. You need to buy a bucket of Lion urine, and sprinkle it liberally around your perimeter. Of course, you'll need a clothes peg on your nose every time you go outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd use lion urine! However I don't think it's available in Greece. We need a dog!

      Delete
  6. I did notice there were lots of wild cats running around in Greece. My aunt, who lives on the second floor of a building of two apartments, throws food scraps down to them. It’s nice that everyone feeds them but you really do have lots.
    On the plus side I guess you don’t have any mouse problems

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes we do have mice problems! We had one in the house last month. Not for long thank goodness

      Delete