Wednesday, 1 July 2026

At Home

 





A bunch of oregano hanging out to dry


Morning coffee 



Orpheus the gentle giant
He goes walkabout now and again when his master is at work
He's named after Orpheus, in ancient Greece a poet and musician whose lyre could charm trees and animals


Our guardian of the gate


The last rug hanging out to dry
It didn't take long in this summer heat
Now rolled up and stored in plastic till November


My solar summer fountain
Framed by geraniums and a wild grape vine which grows bigger and stronger every summer.  No grapes yet though 

8 comments:

  1. It's quite magical how even a small fountain can entrance in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I think that Roger Clifford -Banks alias Cro must have a bigger problem than a computer break down. Maybe you
    can ask Susan Heather, she is his sister. I hope Cro is not sick. Thanks
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a duvet swinging on the line which is taking a few days to dry. I decided to do an experiment of washing it at home and using the garden hose. I will start on the rugs in due course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The easiest way to clean big items is with the hose but you need our strong sun to dry them. It took one day for that rug. We still have the big living room carpet to clean . It's rolled up standing in a corner outside, probably till September. Haven't got the energy for that now

      Delete
  4. Your gate guardian is interesting- they used to be arranged along the edge of the roof on old villas and I wondered what they represented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've got them on the roof. They're supposed to guide the water off when it rains. I did look up to see what they represented. God's and goddesses

      Delete