Wednesday 6 March 2024

Continuing with March

 What the heck was all that about yesterday with the 'outage' of Facebook and Instagram. 

Thank goodness most of it went down during siesta but K was not at all happy to find, when he woke up, that he was blocked from Facebook. He spends hours on it checking up on his friends and the local buzz.

When it came back I managed to get him straight back in . I couldn't get mine to work till the next morning. Not that it worried me. I only have Facebook so I can use Messenger and follow Poros activity pages.

They made me change the password . I hate having to change passwords. Who remembers the damn things. Or where I've written them down. Or if I've  made a note when I've  changed one. 

Marching onwards...

Forgot to add the change to summertime at the end of the month. I don't like changing times but summer-time is preferable to winter-time. It means longer, warmer days. 

Granddaughter Poppi was given an award last week for being one of Poros' top athletes. She is on her way upward to the National rowing team, spends hours training every week and races  all over the country. 

School trips.

 Two of my grandchildren are in their last year at High School and this is the month they go on their 5 day end-of-school excursion. Then they knuckle down to study for their higher education exams in June.

Jamie is in Thessaloniki (Capitol of the North) at the moment with his class and  Poppi will be going up to Ioannina (city in the North west near Albania) next week with her class. Poppi has been there before competing in rowing races on Lake Pamvotida. 



Jamie and Poppi

Police chief . The new Police chief is showing his presence handing out parking tickets, performing breathalyser tests and giving fines for motorbike riders without helmets and licences. Hard days for the Islanders who are used to a more laid back regime. But it will probably stop in a day or a week, as he settles into the rythym of island life. 

All our neighbours are busy pruning their olives trees and burning the lopped off branches. The fire ban begins on 1st April.


Piles of vine prunings.  We haven't pruned our own grape vine yet but his friends are bringing their trimmimgs to adorn our front yard.  K likes to collect them to use on the BBQ


And then there are name days. Plenty of those in March.


And then comes April.

 


22 comments:

  1. Yes what a day yesterday...with Facebook crashing....I had a meltdown..was in the middle of doing important stuff !....Hiw did we live without it ?...Gkad I didnt kniw about police crackdown...Was busy going wrong way through tiwn..Cant remember when I kast wore crash helmet....😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently he's giving out tickets all over the place. Just annoying us all

      Delete
  2. Sorry bout spelling errors !😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr B didn't mention a fb problem and he's a bit of a scrooling addict. Well done Poppi i hope she makes ot to the top. As for your police chief everyone new to a job seems to have to make their mark. Yesterday we watched a government official make some local fishermen dismantle and remove their illegal shacks on a local beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We heard the outage was worldwide. Maybe not.
      Police have blitzes now and again just to remind us there are laws. Darn nuisance

      Delete
  4. Well done Poppi, that takes real grit and determination! I hope Jamie enjoys that visit to Thessaloniki. I know what you mean about the passwords, I have to keep mine in a notebook, which rather defeats the object!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep all my codes on my phone but also in a notebook. I'm sure I'll lose them into cyber space. I just have to remember to note changes

      Delete
  5. I once planned a trip to Thessaloniki by train from Athens. I have an old book in Greek on the city. I have yet to make the journey. I have never got into Facebook. Whatsapp is good for immediate contact and I am in a couple of whatsapp groups at uni and two more with friends. I like it that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use WhatsApp a lot. It's the ideal way to keep in touch with family. Others prefer messenger or viber

      Delete
  6. Facebook. Never used it or any other Social Media. I don’t think WhatsApp or Viber are classed as SM, or are they. Anyway, this old school lad reads the paper and a few news apps but I guess I miss out on most of the gossip. FB must be exhausting for K, he has so many friends. Your grand daughters are heading for greatness. So talented and dedicated. Must be the NZ genes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got rid of Facebook years ago, hated the contact with so many unknowns and news I didn't want to read. Unfortunately there are few friends who use messenger and they made me download Facebook as well..
      K would be truly lost without his phone and Facebook.
      NZ genes for sure!!! That's why she often wears the NZ rowing outfit

      Delete
  7. I blame the Russians; they were probably just practicing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only use WhatsApp and emails and on here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're keeping clear of all that internet rubbish!!

      Delete
  9. New brooms and all that! No problem with fb here, I use it to keep in touch with pottery groups. Aren´t grandchildren wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  10. My passwords are always named after the poor dog who died over ten years ago, so I don't get in trouble when they disappear, but I know the problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My passwords were named after the kids but now they ask for numbers and capital letters and other stuff and it makes them so darn complicated

      Delete
  11. Congratulations to your granddaughter and grandson. It’s a busy time of year for you. I hope your resting as much as you can

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am resting! I have a big boss with a whip lol. He's doing everything he can. Not to my standards of course...... But he's trying

      Delete
  12. We didnt have any issues with FB here, perhaps it was limited to the Northern Hemisphere - not sure. But we have just planted grape vines over Summer here but not sure whether the poor soil we have put them in is ok or not.

    ReplyDelete