Thursday 16 July 2020

Garlic clove and Porcine snout




Spit three times
Ftoo ftoo ftoo
Shake your bod about
Garlic clove, porcine snout
fire bright
in darkest night
Keep that covid from our door
Quarantine is such a bore


I want to dance and drink retsina
Lazing round the beach cantina
Swim and snorkel in the med
Turning slowly white to red
Eat moussaka and feta cheese
Siesta in a cooling breeze


Spit three times
ftoo ftoo ftoo
To keep away
The dreaded flu
Do as they say
 Stay at home
Leave me alone


  I want to read my latest book
Watch my husband fry and cook
Eat up all his fresh baked fish
A squeeze of lemon on the dish
Lounging by the sun kissed sea
Shaded by the olive tree


Ftoo ftoo ftoo
Stir the cauldron
Frog and newt
Eye of toad and orris root
It's far too hot to worry,  fret
Or wear that mask
But don't forget...

No shaking hands
With anyone from foreign lands
Never even think to hug
Cos you'll pass that bloody bug
No more kissing on the cheek
Even if you're French or Greek
Zorba's dance is still allowed
Just don't do it in a crowd
Keep your space
And you'll be safe

Amen































20 comments:

  1. That's fantastic LA. Just love it! 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrible verse! But sometimes I just can't stop myself.
      Thanks for the smile

      Delete
  2. Well done!! Absolutely perfect! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn but watch out, you may get more!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hey Dave, that's a good one! Can it be called poetry??

      Delete
  4. Great bit of poetry there, it made me chuckle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to read, made me chuckle too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha. I think you've got everything in there. This should go into the world's COVID archive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you too. I tried to add octopus and kalamari but just couldn't make it flow

      Delete
  7. We needed that laugh - might frame it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it. Thanks for the giggle
    Isolation is really getting me down. I didn’t have much of a social life but the little I did have. I miss
    Hopefully we all get out again soon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you have talent! I loved it, thank you!

    ReplyDelete