Saturday, 27 June 2026

Navy Dining

 Our Navy taverna beside the sea has opened for the summer season

We went one evening to see what's new 



Red wine, not Ks favourite. That's all they had that evening. 
 We did get real glass tumblers 


They're economising

Plates are made of paper
Cutlery is nasty bamboo stuff
Bamboo knives won't cut meat and the forks feel rough on the tongue


'Date night' said Poppi when she saw the photo
Sorry Poppi, I hate that expression 
We went out together to eat and socialise 


It's still very cheap. 
We are sure to find some of Ks old Navy mates
Mid summer there's usually a breeze, the full moon lights a silvery path along the sea.  
A couple of pork skewers, a small plate of tzatziki, a bowl of greek salad and we enjoy a pleasant night out. Under 15 euros for the whole experience . 

I've prepared for our next night-out. In my capacious *Sport-Billy bag I have a container with a small shaker of salt, 2 small, metal, forks and a knife which cuts.  Cuts souvlaki.   

*Sport-Billy and his magic bag





13 comments:

  1. It's a Crazy World27 June 2026 at 10:01

    When you were describing the "cutlery" I thought the same thing as you ~ take some from home! I hope it was good though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are back there again tonight with our metal forks. Makes a huge difference.

      Delete
  2. I hate that bamboo cutlery with a passion! It's so awful to eat off but I understand why it has replaced plastic. Could you take your own knife and fork? That's a lovely photo of you both even if it isn't a 'date night' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like paper straws. They may be ecological ly sounder but Not a good solution. I took my own metal forks and a knife last night. Perfect.

      Delete
  3. Excellent idea taking your own cutlery! I take my own tomato sauce/chutney to places where they don't have nice condiments. I too loathe the bamboo cutlery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea about the sauce. We usually have tzatziki . The meat needs something else

      Delete
  4. I remember my mum doing that in the 1950s, taking a bag with salt and forks for our eating by the seaside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know why they don't have salt. Salt comes in handy quite often. Shakers are empty or don't pour.
      I've got toothpicks too.

      Delete
  5. You're wise to plan to take your own cutlery. It's not fun trying to cut with blunt cutlery, however eco-friendly (I hate that word!) they are.
    It looked a very pleasant evening out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a fan of date night either. Gosh Sport Billy is an old one, only yours and my generation will remember that one. I can't drink any wine, my own fault really. have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol - i was going to suggest own cutlery as I started reading. Of course you had already prepared - good sense that woman!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you on the bamboo utensils, don't like them at all. And if I'm paying for a meal I want china plates not paper. Bamboo toothbrushes are not much good either, Ive tried them as well while on holiday. At least the meal sounded nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you on the bamboo utensils, don't like them at all. And if I'm paying for a meal I want china plates not paper. Bamboo toothbrushes are not much good either, Ive tried them as well while on holiday. At least the meal sounded nice.

    ReplyDelete