Wednesday 2 March 2022

Head over Heels

 Head over heels, literally, and not loving it.


This concrete umbrella base is put under the table so I don't trip over it. 

You guessed. We took the table off last week and actually had to put up the umbrella because the sun 🌞 was shining. 

Next day
I walked backwards into that damn base.

My head slammed into the wall behind and my leg smashed onto the flagstones.

I have a guardian angel up there who's protecting me Big Time.

I heard my head slam into the wall. It smacked loudly. But not a scratch, not a bump, not a bruise, not even a headache, no stars in the 'sky'. 

I sat stunned, wondering what the hell damage I had done to myself.  Poor K froze. It all unrolled right before his eyes.

No broken leg, ankle, hip whatever. After I realised I was still alive and could move my limbs I staggered up and inside .
And I laughed and I laughed. Yup, I laughed. Shock probably .  I was so relieved to have got out of that misadventure unscathed . Almost. I have a swollen knee but can walk ok.

So yesterday it was back to one of those local hospitals and an appointment with another orthopedics doc .

An x-ray for me. Nothing broken. I just need more icepacks. 

I'm laughing again. Thanks guardian angel, universe, whoever is up there protecting me.

It's freezing again today. 8oC, wind and rain. This year March is 'in like a lion'. Hope it's 'out like a lamb'.

What are petrol prices like in your part of the world. With all these trips to doctors and hospitals we have spent 200 euros on petrol in 3 weeks.  We got a shock the first time we filled the tank. A fill-up used to cost 70 euros. This time it cost us 105.   Petrol is 2euros a litre. WTF!!!



22 comments:

  1. Oh my, Linda. You were very lucky to get away with just a sore knee. Petrol, heating oil, gas and electricity have shot up in prics here this past week. Thank goodness Spring is coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Petrol and heating oil prices have been going up all winter but didn't notice it till we had to fill the car. Trips into town weren't costing much, before. Roll on summer when we can use scooters again

      Delete
  2. Ouch! Glad you are ok. Diesel is 1.79 a Litre and heating oil is 1 Euros a Litre over here in Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heating oil is just over a euro a litre. Around 1.2 euros a litre. That's why we haven't used our central heating for a few years. The wood burner and a few tons of olive wood heat the house adequately.

      Delete
  3. Pleased to hear you are ok apart from the knee. Has the table gone back on top of the offending base. Petrol rising rapidly here and forecast to get worse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the damage wasn't too bad Linda. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here too it is the price per liter of fuel and it continues to rise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch, that fall sounds awful!! Yes, fuel has gone through the roof here too. Mine (95 grade) has gone from around $2.30 a litre to over $3.00. Stu's not worried of course as he now has a Tesla so now power prices will be watched more carefully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Power has gone up one third as well. Hope yours stays low. Enjoy the Tesla

      Delete
  7. Thank goodness you were ok, that was some fall! Petrol here is nudging $2.00 a litre, have not been out much this week to see if it has gone up more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly would not be galavanting once the ban is lifted

      Delete
  8. OMG glad your ok. That could of been very nasty
    Yes petrol here is around the $2 a litre. It fluctuates about twenty cents
    I don’t do much driving just into town and back again so my car only needs refueling about once every three weeks. But hubby runs around getting parts so he’s bill is way higher
    The biggest shock is at the supermarket for me. I walked out the other day with three bags and it was over $200.00! And I didn’t buy any meat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our electricity bill has gone up one third as well. Hope we don't need Aircon this summer. Fat hope

      Delete
  9. How fortunate you are than you did no lasting damage. Yes, Petrol prices are going to be crazy for a long time to come. I think all governments should reduce their fuel taxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fuel, groceries, electricity. Looks like we'll be going back 2012 and the economic crisis. At least we are used to making the most of very little now

      Delete
  10. The sound of head meeting wall would have been enough to make me believe death was imminent. You must be made of tough stuff. Fuel? We resolved to visit a new part of Greece every second weekend after new year. We have watched fuel prices rise about 20c per litre every fortnight. I saw a documentary years ago about hydrocarbon fuel which reckoned that all the easy to get oil would be exlpoited soon and by 2025 it would be running out. Shortly after that (say 5-10 years) average people would be unlikely to be able to afford to run internal combustion engine cars. The other knock ons to price of producing, processing and distributing food don't bear thinking about....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a dire future but I can see it happening. Make the most of your journeys now!!

      Delete
  11. oh poor you, I hope you are ok after that, I'm with you about falling over things, I have what we call the clumsy gene. Petrol prices here well diesel is up to about $3 per litre and 91 is up to $2.75 here but I hear it's higher in Auckland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive got those genes all right. I'm usually extremely careful and I knew damn well that umbrella base was dangerous . I was very lucky

      Delete
  12. Oh my goodness that was quite a tumble!! It could have been so much worse. Gas (petrol) prices are going up here as well. We are paying $1.39 a litre which is about one euro. But, like everywhere else, everything is going up-natural gas, electricity and food prices are sky rocketing.

    ReplyDelete