Friday 6 August 2021

Swimming

 Vayonia, our local Bay and swimming hole is getting crowded.


There are always small fishing boats tied up to the wooden wharf and often small yachts and catamarans anchored out in the bay but we were amazed to see this monster come cruising in backwards.  
First of all a small rubber boat came zipping out carrying huge ropes and two crewmen in smart white t-shirts clambered over the rocks tieing these to rocky outcrops.  Then this behemoth slid into view.

Once it was held fast to their satisfaction something in it's bowels opened up and every water sport machine known to the rich was disgorged into the bay.  Besides the jet ski there was a board which zipped along a few feet above the water, another device which dragged swimmers through the sea, a waterski with onboard power, kayaks, skiffs and wind surf boards.  

The 'boat' had a Maltese flag.  I don't know what language they were speaking but it wasn't english.  We all stopped to goggle, and swimmers kept out of their way.




There are always swimmers when we go down around 4pm for our daily dip.  Where we sit, on a stone wall, is the local's area.  K loves it.  He has a chat and catches up on gossip.




Looking out to open sea


These short flippers have been recommended by one of K's doctors.  They  make the legs work in a way which helps those with back problems.




12 comments:

  1. It's so beautiful. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky me! Well I suppose it gave me something different to look at

      Delete
  2. Oh I think that was my boat. I let the neighbours take it out for a spin 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they're our neighbours now. The spin spun quite a way!

      Delete
  3. Jaycee, your sibling must have been the one that was parked in our little inlet last weekend - with all the toys out threatening serous damage to the swimmers.

    Your bay looks lovely Linda (with or without JayCee's Gin Palace) and having tree shade must be heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It used to be much better when it had a beach bar and cold drinks!

      Delete
  4. Oh how id love to be by the sea right now
    But at the moment I’m just wondering where I’m going to hang all the washing I have
    Hopefully during the summer all this lockdown will be over and we might be able to enjoy ourselves
    Looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering where to hang my washing today. Out of the way of smoke and ash

      Delete
  5. I would HATE to own a yacht like that. I wouldn't mind the money, but would definitely find other uses for it. Raining again here today, it'll be another three days before our swimming starts again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOT raining here, again.
      Thank goodness for swims. The water brings body temps way down and give a bit of relief

      Delete
  6. Love the photos, it's a beautiful area!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos again, I am not a big fan of all those kind of water craft, they disturb my quiet reading time at the beach, jet skis are a particular annoyance. I am turning into a grumpy old fart!! :-)

    ReplyDelete