Monday 28 September 2020

Photo Reporter

 I finally had a professional haircut.  Now you can see why I got sunburnt ears.


Our friendly hairdresser, and cousin, came to my sister-in-laws yard and we both got a 'trim'.  I was scolded because once again I had let an amateur attack my hair and so she had to keep cutting till all the irregularities were hidden.  My grandaughters had cut my hair a few weeks earlier with the hair clippers.  I thought they had done a darn good job.  Apparently not. 


We have what looks like a real pumpkin, not a squash, and its still growing.  Its loving this weather I think.  One day rain, one day sunshine.  It gobbled up the egg that I whisked and added to the soil along with coffee grounds and some compost that wasn't quite composted.

Katy - it looks like as though its from one of those NZ pumpkin seeds which you brought us.  None of them produced a pumpkin last year and I must have just put the leftover seeds in with the squash seeds.  

Elli and I are jumping up and down with delight. REAL pumpkin for xmas!




I have a new phone and a new camera.  I tried out the night setting.
Not a bad photo.  I should have repostioned that glass of wine.

15 comments:

  1. That glass of wine is perfect - gives the photo balance and depth from near to far. Get really clever and take the picture THROUGH the wine glass, all arty and curved and stuff.

    F says -mmmmm- pumpkin (roasted with garlic and sprinkled with lime juice).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yees for the pumpkin!
      Glasses of wine should always take centre stage, say I

      Delete
  2. Every hairdresser complains after someone else has cut our hair! Yours looks good anyway.
    I have never had pumpkin for Christmas. Must give it a try.
    The wine glass should perhaps have been empty???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wine glass should have been full and centre!!!

      Delete
  3. I think that is a constant from hairdressers..who has ben at your hair!! Hope your ears are OK. Great night photo. Enjoy that pumpkin, roasted or in soup yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My ears peeled but are of course fine now. I won't my hair cut so short in the summer again!

      Delete
  4. Good that you could get a professional cut. That pumpkin looks good. I must remember feeding egg. I always forget to ask at cafes if they have spare coffee grounds (we are tea drinkers).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tea bags and tea leaves are very good for plants too

      Delete
  5. I have three Pumpkins growing that look very similar, but not as large. My late father used to ask his gardener to cut his hair. I do Lady M's, but only the length.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basis son to whom I gave some seeds says he had around 20 of these pumpkins. I must pop over and check on them

      Delete
  6. I like the last photograph and it evokes thoughts of sipping wine gazing across the water looking at the lit up town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how it was. We shipped wine and watched the sun go down and the lights come on. Rathervnice

      Delete
  7. Love your last photo - I can imagine sitting there enjoying that wine. Pumpkin out of your own garden sounds awesome and most enjoyable for mid-winter Xmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair looks good, mine grows faster in thickness than it does in length so I have to get it thinned out at least once a month. As for the pumpkin you can do so many things with it, so yummy

    ReplyDelete