Monday 15 June 2020

Another Garden

Some photos from my daughter's garden area


An artichoke plant.  Too far gone to be eaten



The 'flower' up close.  When the sun was out this artichoke was open showing the pink fuzz around the heart inside but as the clouds came across it closed up




Their walnut tree.  Full of walnuts which I still haven't gathered for pickling.  It may be too late
This is a very good shade tree in the summer, so green and leafy


The hammock under the citrus trees
This used to be the chook pen
Now its the perfect place for a hammock.  A breeze comes down from the hills behind in the summer afternoon.  Cool and quiet for a summer siesta


15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They had a nice siesta there away from the noise of the bbq

      Delete
  2. I got into a hammock once - and then couldn't get out LOL. I ended up rolling over and falling out so haven't tried it again :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't even try. I think I would roll straight out!! Funny for everyone except us!

      Delete
  3. I love the area with the hammocks. I had a couple but they have disappeared in one of my moves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a hanging chair too. Most uncomfortable but all fun for the kids

      Delete
  4. I don't think I've ever seen an artichoke plant. I've eaten artichokes, but have never seen how they look before they are marinated. That walnut tree must be a different kind than the ones we have here. We don't collect the walnuts - but the squirrels have a great old time burying them everywhere. I don't even know if they are edible! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Artichokes are hard work. They often thorns and you throw away everything on that flower except the tiny heart inside.
      Our walnuts are definitely edible.

      Delete
  5. I once read that Walnut trees give off a natural insect repellent, so is the perfect place to put your outdoor dining table. I cannot vouch for this, but it's a nice idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They give loads of shade too. I'll tell my daughter about the repellent

      Delete
  6. Wonderful garden for grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the sea is only 20 metres away! They are so lucky

      Delete
  7. Perfect spot to just relax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was cool and away from the noise. Deligjtful

      Delete
  8. Looks idyllic. Great place to raise a family.

    ReplyDelete