Monday 6 April 2020

Monday Morning Up with the Lark

Don't 'think I'll take a walk in the park'

Instead today it's all about cooking, food and eating
All of them major events  in the day of a detainee,
wherever they might be

Whatsap and Viber were working overtime again this morning as messages and photos flashed across the world from London to small town NZ and a few places inbetween.




Round the bay on Poros my son-in-law is baking bread for his family.


London weather apparently was good enough for a picnic, in the garden, yesterday
A Greek feast.  Skaty cooked souvlaki, meatballs with ouzo flambe, tzatziki, greek salad and whatever else you can identify on that table

 Skaty came up with A Plan, plan A.  They can't come to Greece so they brought Greece to them.  Why not travel this way every weekend.  A different country, a different cuisine


Meanwhile, down in the Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
Niki made apple and blackberry crumble with Hokey Pokey icecream.  You have to be a kiwi to know the exquisite taste of hokey pokey icecream still made by the iconic Tip-Top company.
Look at that 2 litre container of icecream.  I can see the pieces of hokey pokey (think honeycomb/toffee) sticking out of that tub of icecream but I can't taste them.
Niki's eating for two.  She can enjoy as much as that cold sweet stuff as her heart desires


Over the Tasman sea in Perth my big bro is tucking into a Greek souvlaki take-away.  Looking at him you'd think he hadn't visited Greece a trillion times, didn't know that you have to pick it up in your hands and get grease running down your chin to enjoy that greek classic.  Your clean shirt is a disgrace boy, not even a spot of oil.  Still haven't had the courage to show this photo to my traditional person.  He'd probably notice you haven't  got a glass of beer either



Here in the eastern Med our lunch was cuttlefish and spinach, stewed with tomatoes and dill

End of today's poste de cuisine




16 comments:

  1. They all look good, but I would have liked to have been sitting at that London picnic table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a picnic table in the English sunshine would have suited me fine

      Delete
  2. Love it!!!!!!!

    And I posted our Sunday Treat... Which never "looks" good. lol How good can baked, wrinkled up apples look, though?

    But a nearly brand new baby chick, always looks goooood! Come see.

    Stay calm
    ๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’›๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ’›๐ŸŒธ

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice pint of real ale in a rural English beer garden would go down a treat right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day, one day. May not be in an English beer garden for me but a taverna by the med will do me fine.

      Delete
  4. What a great invention the Whatsap is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness we have these instant ways of keeping in touch...and videos as well

      Delete
  5. Hokey Pokey is so iconic for us kiwis, I like to make it in a pot with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, your brother is in Perth. So am I and I recognise the glass doors onto his balcony. I live in a Mirvac-built apartment in Burswood, next door to Crown Towers. I wonder where he lives?
    PS. I have never heard of Hokey Pokey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn, you've got me there . They moved recently. Used to live in Sorrento and that's where we covered them. Beautiful area and close to the marina

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. All except mine! I don't like spinach and any fish

      Delete
  8. One of my best ever evenings out, was spent in Greek Restaurant in Brighton. Sadly the man retired, otherwise I might well have moved into his back room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With lots of wine it slides down quite easily but I would like a bit of variety

      Delete