Drizzle
-
Some light drizzly rain this morning. The farmer will be pleased as will
the fire service. There's been a fire in the dry heather up on the hills by
Avie...
Planning.
-
We have been presented with a really worrying dilemma.
My oldest and best friend and his daughter, who are local farmers, own a
nearby field on which ...
CLOTHING SWAP
-
*There is a lady here in the village who is very gung ho with organising
activities, events etc.*
*I don't think she's been living here that long, mayb...
Saturday Stitches
-
This time a top down pullover with saddle shoulders. This yarn was
unbranded white charity shop 'wool' which I suspect is really a blend. It
was put ...
Morning glories and mice......
-
This spring I planted some morning glories that I sprouted from seed....I
remember my disappointment the next day when I came out to water them, and
al...
A lovely day
-
grandpa was here all day helping with the girls.
It was great having someone there so I could at least have a coffee in
peace
Here they all are watc...
Still Needing Rain (2)
-
The weather here has been very pleasant this week, with high temps in the
mid 80s ºF. Some mornings and nights have felt downright chilly. Now the
weath...
Multi Tasking
-
There was a storm this afternoon - thunder, lightening, very, very
frightening. Unable to get outside to do any gardening I decided to use
the time to d...
Summer Respite
-
Thankfully we've been graced with rainfall this past week, the flowers and
humans are grateful.
The deer have been drinking nightly from the birdbaths, a ...
TODAY'S GARDEN
-
Just a few photos from today's midwinter garden.
A small patch of parsley
Some calendula in the vegie beds
a very ripe lemon on our tree
The sprouting ...
Strawberry Time
-
The strawberry moon peaks tomorrow. It is named for the short period of
time when wild strawberries are ripe.
I had ripped out all of my strawberry p...
Our simple life
-
"I can't believe that just yesterday we were sitting in shelters again,
and here we are now as if nothing had happened, going on that shopping trip
you ...
Books 1-7
-
Bloody River Blues by Jeffery Deaver
Well, that wasn't a good start to the year! I read 125 pages (which was
more than a third of the book) and I just c...
NZ's sad attitude toward Trump
-
The Broadcasting Standards Authority said in a statement that it upheld
three complaints about a story broadcast on* 1 News *on 13 September 2025.
In th...
Xmas decorations
-
Greymouth has 3 main streets in town. On the way home from work at night
I've been stopping to take photos of some of the shop window decorations.
It'...
A Birthday Present.
-
I reached the grand old age of 62 last Friday. Like that great English
folk singer Sandy Denny once sang:
"Who knows where the time goes?"
I received ...
Quince, Life, and Puppy Dog Tales
-
The season of mellow mists inevitably means that I suddenly have a deep
desire to store food in the form of jams, pickles and syrups. It also
means that...
Friday prayers
-
Look at sales figures, origins, annual reports, statements from company
chairmen; become armchair investors and see what you would do yourself,
annual ...
Aoteaora's first Maori police woman
-
Evelyn Mete Kingi was born Evelyn Owen in Moerewa and has been described as
a woman of resilience and character.
She was born in 1922 and joined the thir...
Farewell My Friends
-
After blogging for nearly six years, I have decided to retire. Blogging
filled an empty spot in my life after losing my husband, but that has
changed...
Catching up!
-
Oh dear, nearly six months since I last posted a blog. It is not that I
have been bothered to write to you. Oh no. It is because words have been
absent ...
Professing !
-
Actual professing.
There are times when every learned person has the duty of stepping up to
the line and of explaining the intricacies of life from the...
Internal Garden Monologue
-
If you had told me 5 years ago, I would be sitting in a house, at a table
over looking a front garden in Scotland, I would have laughed my socks
off. I...
A Note of Sadness
-
One of the problems about getting so involved with these m/s recipe books
is that I feel as though I almost know the women who wrote them. I can see
how th...
Very funny. Hope it's not true.
ReplyDeleteThere was a better clip which I only found later. They had turned it into a BBC news broadcast. Looked authentic!!
DeleteI cannot stop laughing :))
ReplyDeleteI loved that series and they hit the nail on the head so many times.
I just love the series and now I can watch it on TV ...endlessly!
DeleteIn the case of COVID-19, I suspect they're spot on!
ReplyDeleteThat's the way looks in Britain!!
DeleteThis has been on Twitter for a few days. It makes me laugh every time.
ReplyDeleteThose script writers were inspired.
DeleteVery good and very funny.
ReplyDeleteThank goodness YouTube has endless episodes and clips. Always good for a load of laughs
DeleteOH mercy!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteStay wise, clam, safe.
Turn off the 😱screaming😱 sources.
Listen to your local County Public Health source.
🍃🌷🌱🌷🍃