Saturday 27 July 2019

Dancing in July

Summer dance show

Two incredibly talented Poros people Christos and his wife Maria teach dancing to the children and adults of Poros and Christos is our grandchildren's rowing coach as well.  They deserve a medal for the dance presentations they choreograph and produce, for their excellent work with the young girls, and the number of young boys they managed to rope in.

This show included greek, waltz, tango, mambo, charleston, jazz, modern dance and much more



The show about to begin in the outdoor amphitheatre
Soon it was standing room only



Grandaughter Poppi leads the pack




Nels posing lonely as a cloud, but not for long
Her partner is Christos, their dance teacher



Orientale
Wibble wobble
wibble wobble
jelly on the plate


And the grande finle, some of Poros's best greek dancers
This is Zorba's dance which gets faster and faster until you wonder how they continue. Maria, the dance teacher is on the right in the white top



My hand was aching so I had a rest.  Here are the last few minutes

They got a standing ovation!

13 comments:

  1. Brilliant. I love this. Sweet Nels too, posing alone. Was she waiting for a partner or was that part of the act?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did the video play? Her partner came over after a few seconds and whirled her around

      Delete
    2. Sorry yes. I did see the video but as she seemed to be waiting for some time before he arrived I wasn't sure if that was planned or not.

      Delete
    3. My fault. I was so used to taking photos I forgot that I could move the camera around so you could see all the scene!! She was standing there for ages before she started dancing like a butterfly!

      Delete
  2. Amazing! The dancing, and the fact that your island has such teachers. How wonderful, for the children... For everyone.

    And an outdoor theater like that. Just perfect.

    Some time, will you sort out your "Grands" for us? -smile- I don't think they all live, near you. But all are on the island. How many are there?

    Only what you want to tell, of course. I don't like to give too much personal info, so I certainly respect, this, in others.

    I'll bet your hands were wore out, from clapping!!!!

    ✨✨✨✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are five of them. The oldest is going off to University next year and the youngest is just finishing junior school. They do all live on the island, very close to us.
      I'll post a group photo sometime.
      Clapped and whistled!

      Delete
  3. Love it!! That would keep you young! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure would!. I tried to learn a slower version but feet never moved in the direction they were supposed to! I should try again. Good for the brain and for the body!

      Delete
  4. I'd like to master the last one, but with my dodgy knee I think it's too late. I'll clap instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to be fit! Even clapping gets rather strenuous.

      Delete
  5. Dancing drinking and eating.
    Pretty much sums up Greek life! Opa

    ReplyDelete