Wednesday 26 September 2018

In Holiday Mode

Holidays
Not holy-days for a change
Though there was a big one on the day we arrived and if one is so inclined there's an all-nighter  tomorrow. To celebrate something or other. I did not investigate



Now this we did investigate
Ouzo with a view




Our tame gull
The only fisher allowed in these waters
He floats leisurely along the bay unafraid of humans
Now and again he'll dip in his head and pull out a snack

Fishing is forbidden in this military area. As a result the waters are full of very tame shoals of fish. If you stay still too long they will give a nasty nip to the extremeties



Calm waters 
We had three days of gale force winds which whipped up the sand and blasted us unmercilessly
The sea however remained fairly unruffled and I managed my daily exercise swimming up and down the bay

All is now we'll with our world, though slightly boring

Sleep, swim, eat

12 comments:

  1. -chcukle- "But slightly boring." Aren't we humans funny. We crave a holiday. Get one, in a peaceful spot. And get a bit "antsy." :-)))))

    ✨������✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One week was fine. I would have been happier if other half had more to do. He was a little list without his daily discussions and nightly night cap gatherings.
      All I need is my book, knitting,pen and paper.....and WiFi!!

      Delete
  2. That is a perfect holiday.I need some too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly quiet and no work to do, though I did rinse out a few clothes each day.

      Delete
  3. Lovely and some warmth - we are having a cold snap just as things had started to warm up. down to 4 degrees at night this weekend brrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We ended up leaving a day early. Gale force winds and a drop in temps sent us scuttling for home

      Delete
  4. Never boring. Sounds perfect to me. Enjoy the sunshine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as there is sunshine and no darn wind it was a good holiday...for me. Two weeks is a little bit too long tho

      Delete
  5. Too funny! I just named my latest soft toy an 'Alien' and next thing I know I get a comment from YOU! I love your beach, ya lucky tart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a talented gal. Love your creations. Love your passion. Read your blog at least twice a day!

      Delete
  6. Sept. 28th

    Just read: "Meantime in the eastern Mediterranean, a powerful and rare storm is poised to hit. It's unofficially called a "Medicane" (Mediterranean + hurricane), and it's like a hurricane and a typhoon combined. The storm triggered flash floods across Northern Africa in the past few days and is now aiming for parts of Greece and Turkey with strong winds and heavy rain."

    Are you getting weather reports?

    ReplyDelete