Wednesday 7 August 2024

Poppi Up a Pole

 



OMG, look what that child is up to now.  My knees were trembling when I saw the photo.  I'm glad I wasn't there to see her.  But it's what you would expect from this girl.  Her father climbs up the masts of yachts regularly.  It's his job.  She's been wanting to follow him up for a long time. I was relieved to learn she was tied onto a safety harness and her father was down below helping her up.

Her mother is an avid bungee jumper so it runs in the family.  They're not afraid of great long water slides, bouncing along on an inner tube behind a speeding boat or diving down into the depths of the sea, snowboarding and if there were any of those horribly steep roller coaster rides here I'm sure she'd be the first on to it. 

 Even diving in the sea is something I hate.  I do not like the unknown in the sea whether it is floating flotsam, eerie wrecks or just a clump of waving weed. Keep me floating on the top and I'm happy 

As for heights, forget it


Here she goes.  



Ye gods and little fishes.  At the top she removed one hand to take a photo.

The text under the photos she sent me was
'It was really fun.  I can't wait for the next time.' 

25 comments:

  1. Well done Poppi. We have been amazed at how fast some climb the wall in the Olympics I expect Poppi would be good at that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She would love that. Next year in Athens she will have an opportunity to try a lot of new things

      Delete
  2. Oooh...no... I would have been petrified.
    Brave girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not many people would want to climb up there. She's a special girl.

      Delete
  3. Great to see Poppi up there. Fearless and fun. I am glad she texted you the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. I’m exactly like you.
    My middle granddaughter is the same. She says grandma I’m a koala and I can climb trees!
    My responses. Not while I’m around please lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These young kids know no fear. It's the greek blood lol We are Sparta!

      Delete
  5. What a gal! My late mother was a great tree-climber; turn your back and she'd be at the very top of some tall tree in no time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You either love those heights or you don't. What a mother!

      Delete
  6. Makes my stomach turn over just looking at the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, hard to believe. Almost too much for me too

      Delete
  7. I know how you feel, one of my grandsons has taken up sky diving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ski diving. Oh boy, another one who knows no fear

      Delete
  8. Wow, that’s incredible! It sounds like she’s got a real thrill-seeking spirit, just like her parents. I can’t imagine having the nerve to do something like that, especially with a photo taken at the top! It’s great that she had a safety harness and her dad was there to help. As for heights, I’m with you—just floating on top is plenty for me!

    I just posted a new blog post http://www.melodyjacob.com, I invite you to read and let me know what you think about it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! I would have had trembling knees too! I do not like heights at all, but obviously she has no fear, and finds it fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that’s quite an adventurous family! It’s impressive how she’s embracing her daring side with her father’s encouragement. It’s great to hear she was safely harnessed and supported.

    I just posted a new blog post http://www.melodyjacob.com, I invite you to read and let me know what you think about it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like a bit of a crazy activity to me, but then I don't like heights. I'm glad she found it enjoyable :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a brave granddaughter you have.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow I'm not so bad with my fear of heights now but I could never ever do that. Kudos to her, brave girl.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, that is one scary view from the top of the mast!!! I think if I were young again, though, I would give it a try too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never liked heights, feet firmly on the ground is my preference. But some of us have to be adventurous and your Poppi seems to be one of them. Good for her :)

    ReplyDelete