Tuesday 27 August 2024

Ghost Strikes Again????

We had another strange little incident the other day.  K has been pickling sardines and another little fish called 'gavro'. They are one of his favourite meze with a glass of ouzo. 


Ouzo and pickled sardines

 He wanted some hot chilli peppers to put into the marinade.  We usually have a garden full of them.  They come up every year by themselves.  Oddly we discovered there were none this summer.  Another victim of the heatwaves?

But somewhere I had a small jar of these little devils.  They weren't where they were supposed to be and I couldn't find them anywhere.

The next morning, sitting  in the bathroom contemplating the peace and quiet I heard the noise of some thing-s tumbling from the top of a chest of drawers just outside.  Odd.  It definitely wasn't K.  He was still snoring.   No cats, no mice, no wind.

When I went out to investigate I discovered 2 packets of mosquito coils and a bottle of mosquito spray had fallen down.  How?  I hadn't nudged them walking past and they weren't on the edge anyway.

As I picked them up and went to put them back I saw in front of me that jar of dried chilli peppers.  I kid you not.  They had been hidden by that mosquito stuff, stuff that we don't use because we have no mozzies at the moment.



That little jar is hiding behind the blue bottle of mosquito spray

Now, if you remember, we reckon our ghost is Baba Lazaros, the previous owner of this house.  He was known to like his drink... and beat his wife.  The last time he appeared was after a big Easter feast and I bet he's popped up now  to see that K enjoys his pickled fish and ouzo.

K can 'poo-poo' all he wants about our ghost.  He has a boring explanation for all of the goings-on. I would not have found those chillis if the packets in front had not fallen down.  Baba Lazaros loved his wine and his ouzo.  Fresh pickled sardines are a traditional accompaniment to ouzo, along with octopus.    

I had better make sure K lights a candle for him again.  I don't really like things going bump in the night.  Or the morning.


15 comments:

  1. Yes Linda it sounds like residual energy. We some times smell pipe tobacco in the gardens and hear the sound of hob nailed boots walking down the path. My mother to say they are only letting you know they are still about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. So Im not the only one. So many small things have happened over the years. There's someone there

      Delete
  2. Sure it wasn't an earthquake?? 😁😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. Seated on a porcelain throne I'm sure I would have noticed it and there's a lot more that would have come down. That jar of chillis didn't! He didn't waste them by breaking the vase

      Delete
  3. My goodness. Obviously K is meant to enjoy those pickled fish! I hope the candle works :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He says they're some of the best he's made!

      Delete
  4. I’m a believer. Someone wanted you to find those chillies
    Light a candle and spread holly water everywhere. Burn some sage if you have it. Just to cover all bases

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i knew what it was all about as soon as I saw the jar of chillis. I might burn some sage. Haven't done that in ages, But generally he's a friendly ghost - except for the midnight excursions he used to send me on. Probably thinks I'm his wife and sending me out into a rainy midnight to turn off a tap is a bit of fun. For him

      Delete
  5. Ooooh, spooky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as spooky as some of the other things that have happened. I must repost about the ghost

      Delete
  6. I'm afraid that I cannot believe in all those invisible things. Ghosts, angels, imps, pixies, etc. I'm sure there's always a logical explanation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe theres an explanation, maybe not. It gives us something to talk about and embellish!

      Delete