Wednesday 19 January 2022

Mitts

 The sun came out today and inside the house it was nice and warm. I sat in my chair bathed in sun and decided to go for an early walk before the afternoon clouds started forming.


I put on my jacket and shoes and walked out the door. Brrr, baby it was cold outside. By the time I got to the top of the road my nose was red and dripping.


So I dragged my mask out of my pocket and wore it for the rest of my walk in the wild. My nose turned nice and toasty. 

We are supposed to wear masks outdoors but no one does.  Up here in the hills  the only living beings I saw were the stray cats around the rubbish bins, a few chickens in the olive groves and a goat standing on an old oven dumped in a field . I keep a mask in my pocket, just in case. Came in handy!

I could have done with gloves too.



These are the gloves I wear. They used to be fingerless . Then I discovered that I don't like fingerless gloves. Your fingers stick out the top and freeze. So I turned them into mittens.



The only fingerless mitts I like. But these are worn as a fashion statement

12 comments:

  1. Those masks are useful for keeping your face warm in winter but not if you suffer from allergies and sneeze a lot. Nothing worse than wearing a wet face mask around the Co-Op aisles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. I have had that problem but not on the supermarket thank god.

      Delete
  2. I still have trouble associating Greece with cold!! Good you had your mask to keep your face warm, good idea with the gloves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so glad I had the mask. It was nice and sunny again today. Much warmer. No red nose

      Delete
  3. I'm hoping you stay warm, do you have a fireplace in your house? We don't have to wear masks outside but indoors in businesses we do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a wood burning stove. Keeps the whole house warm but it does leave sooty walks and curtains for a spring clean

      Delete
  4. I suspect that hats, scarves, and gloves will be worn quite often over the next month or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This January has been very wet and cold. And there's another freezing snap on its way

      Delete
  5. Finally a silver lining for masks lol
    What a good excuse to go and buy some yarn, making mittens, scarfs and maybe a bobble hat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like making mittens and hats, scarves are a bit boring but a good chance to practice new stitches . A bobble hat. That's a thought

      Delete
  6. You are going to need both pairs this weekend. Your family will be skiing at their own backdoors if the weatherforecast is correct.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's definitely colder today. A good many years ago we had snow here. Just enough to make a snowman.

      Delete