Saturday 15 August 2020

The New Norm 2

Home style hair cuts.
Mine looks like a bowl-cut so I'm told by my 'adorable' grandaughters who did the dirty work.  Well, thanks girls




Revenge for my daughters who had haircuts like mine all through their very young years.  I chopped their locks till they went to school.  They both complain they look like play -mobile toys in all their old photos.

My hair is not too bad.  My fringe looks straight, it's not hanging in my eyes and Nels clipped the back so it doesn't straggle on my shoulders


These two whizzes of the dog clippers 



It was all his idea.  We were both ready for haircuts when the virus entered our island.  He didn't like the 'trim' I gave him back in April.  There was a wee bald spot, hardly noticeable and grew out fast.  He decided he'd rather have our daughter do the cutting with the clippers, people clippers.  She trims their dogs so she has lots of experience.  With dogs.

 




 

9 comments:

  1. I have been known to cut my wife's hair, amongst a lot of shouting and screaming. I do a pretty good job, and she's always reasonably happy (when the ordeal is over).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not easy to let an amateur loose on one's crowning glory but in this heat we were desperate. As Tigger says, it grows.

      Delete
  2. The trouble (and bonus) of hair is it grows back. A bad haircut is just an interval, and with all the distancing we're doing virtually no one else would see it. They won't get to see and admire the good cuts either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soothing words Tigger. Hopefully in a month, or so, it will have grown enough so I can, and will be able, to go to call my regular hairdresser (extended family) who will give me a cut without telling that I've butchered my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sensible. Buy a nice bottle of wine or two with the money you saved LA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to cut my hubbys hair, not happily I might add, but now he goes to a barber, thank goodness. My hairdresser is still working. Had bowl cuts for many years as Mum took us to a barber, bowl cuts with a long fringe that got tied to one side with a ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, experience with dogs is better than no experience at all!! Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha, I don't know what to say about the comparison between peoples hair cuts and dogs fur cuts but if the girls do a good job they good on them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only get a hair cut about once a year. I trim my own fringe
    I got one haircut just before this lockdown so I’m good for another 12 months lol
    Hubby needed a haircut and he too got one before the hard lockdown
    Thank goodness. He was also growing a beard. He looked like a bushranger lol

    ReplyDelete