Sunday, 27 November 2016
- the fire lit at 5pm
- a rustic pizza, baked potatoes or a tray of simple cheese rolls cooking above
- warming raki or a glass of homegrown red
- a few granny squares to stitch together for the next 'heirloom' blanket....think crazy paving in wool
- an old greek movie in black and white, slapstick comedy or tear jerking drama ......the only kinds they seem to make
- a football (soccor) match to cheer .....Greece is still in the Europa League
- neighbours, friends and family for round table discussions on politics, sport and how to resolve the economic crisis
The wood burning stove which heats the house and cooks our evening meals. It is not smoking (yet) this winter. The pipes have been cleaned. We do not burn pine which lets off a terrific heat but gums up the pipes with resin so the smoke has no where to go but back into the living room and soot pours out of the chimney. We burn olive wood from last year's pruning.
The log container is an old washing machine drum. The inner bowl of a front loader.
These bowls are also from a front loading washing machine. The glass bowl in the door can be recycled as a wonderful salad bowl and withstands heat. They make a great bowl for baking nicely rounded loaves of bread. Every bowl is a different shape. Some are shallow, some are tall, some have a pattern. They may be indented or dimpled.
These are all thanks to our traditional washing machine fixer-upper. We have three or four skeleton machines in the back garden. Anyone want one sent on to them? I'll even pay the transport ......well, maybe not. Pick up only.
Recycle your old washing machine.