Agia Marina tou Naftikou
or in English our Navy holiday resort. We are here.
Hooray...I think
A long 4 hour drive was uneventful. Traffic minimal
And we arrived at our room to find this....
I dragged 6 heavy bags, pillows, sheets, towels, clothes, shoes, books up to the 2 floor, via the lift, to find a broken lock
The room they reassigned us was on the ground floor of the next door building
Ye gods and little fishes
While K went to get the key for the other room I dragged all the bags back down and reloaded the car
It was a long day before we got settled
But worth it
After a meal in the restaurant we sat on the balcony and opened a bottle of 2023 red
And listened to the crickets, the soft sound of distant voices and the repeating call of the scops owl
It's my idea of peace to sit on the balcony and enjoy the night sounds and watch the lights of planes descending into Athens airport
The resort itself is descending into disrepair
The grass uncut, the cafeteria with despicable coffee
Not what it used to be
The long grass reminded me of paspalum, grasses with long sticky fronds, which grow in the warm summer in wild unmown gardens in NZ
The first time I'd thought of that stuff in many years




Enjoy...🙂
ReplyDeleteThanks Jan
DeleteEnjoy your holiday. A pity the resort is deteriorating.
ReplyDeleteIt still looks lovely though. Beautiful despite the despicable coffee.
ReplyDelete