Sunday 6 September 2020

Poros

 A couple of beaches



Looking towards Askeli, the main tourist area.  The slopes are covered with pine trees and  a few olives 


This beach is called St Stefanos after the little church opposite.
It's where all the 'slightly more traditional' women come and bob about with their friends in the early morning or late afternoon.

It used to be filled with rubble in and out of the sea. This year the beach has been cleared, rocks removed from the sea and there is a ramp for wheelchairs, umbrellas, toilets and a changing shed.

On the left of the photo over that concrete wall is the beach attached to the Navy base and a small taverna where we can also eat, k being ex-navy.

I wish they would beautify our beach like this, at least give us a couple of those benches and umbrellas.

11 comments:

  1. The beaches look lovely, you are going to have to start lobbying someone to give you the same at your beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We asked our local counciller but k is going to have to do some serious prodding. I think he sent an email to the mayor

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Beaches aren't terrific on the island. They dump loads of sand on the main ones each year, except this one. Because of the virus I suppose.
      They are fine for swimming and sunbathing.

      Delete
    2. shit now I'm looking at ya beaches and thinking "Giant toilet"!

      Delete
  3. In my UK home town of Brighton, the beach is 100% pebbles. You get used to it (I'm told).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like pebbles because then everything from feet to towel don't get covered in gritty sand which you take home. However I don't like pebbles because they hurt my poor feet. Both are better than the dust on our local beach. Not easy to please? Seems so

      Delete
  4. Here the beach is just sand. But I have not seen a sea in a long time. I would like to see a sea from my window.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I have been on holiday when I visit your blog LA. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to oblige. Hope it's not long before you get back to Portugal, Dave

      Delete