Monday 22 April 2019

Great Tuesday


Great Tuesday
Another day of the same
Except, I have men with dirty shoes trailing fine metal dust from a welding torch through the house.  And my oven, stove, cooking facilities are in pieces, bringing down the trip switch every few minutes and leaving me power/wifi-less  mid sentence while trying to  write a blog post.



Not my space any more

Yesterday K decided to exchange my perfectly good oven for another he had 'overhauled'.  Heavens to Betsy I say with a big sigh.  Now.  Easter week?  
When something's not broken you don't fix it.  Well, now this is broken and the old one which worked perfectly has been taken off to recycling.  There is a bright side.  At least the old stove is not lounging around in the back garden along with an old bicycle, broken down rotary  digger, washing machine, and lawn mower.  We don't have a lawn to mow.

The welding is being done on the turning mechanism of the big brick BBQ.  As we'll be spit roasting a lamb on one spit-pole with another spit-pole of innards and another with pieces of pork this easter Sunday it has been decided we 'need' (urgently) a central spit-turning system for even and effortless cooking.

Jesus Wept.


And God Bless All of You Too


PS oven and hot plates are finally working




12 comments:

  1. Ha ha! You are very patient! Enjoy the festivities. I am having to try hard to lose the 2 lbs I put on while over there this past week. The food was just too tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you had stayed for easter you would have gained another 5 pounds!
      I have learnt to be patient over the years. Getting angry doesn't help. Men making messes is a big part of my life

      Delete
  2. The Greek Orthodox Easter is not the same as the Easter of the Christian church, it goes on for much longer in a slightly different sequence. I note that the Russian Orthodox Easter is the same. Your cooker and household sounds like my home life at the farm in the 1950 and 1960s!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel, There's a lot more ceremony here. On Thursday the Archbiship will be washing feet and on Friday all the long white beared priests will ascend one of the hills in Athens to take Christ down off the cross.
    Spain and Portugal seem to have a few similar customs, parades of icon and statues. Friday will be a candlelight parade, but you'll read it all later

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting for posts about the holidays and the wonderful food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure it will be worth it when you can find things again. Any good takeaway places near by until you get your kitchen back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 6ks from town so no-one will deliver up here. We do have a gas stove outside but I couldn't use it because it is too near to where the men are welding.
      Bread, cheese, onions, tomatoes and olives. And no-one complained this time. Sandwiches are not food, so I'm told!!!

      Delete
  6. I hope you show a few pictures of the roasting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you doubt it? You'll get food photos, roasting photos for sure

      Delete
  7. I agree, the outdoor spit is most important! Else your kitchen will get very hot in the summer and also messy. I vote the spit is high on the list! I would love one myself. We just have a gas BBQ

    ReplyDelete
  8. We dont use the bbq much in the summer time because of the fire risk though we do have a small one on one of the terraces away from the garden and dry grass.... men can't be without a bbq. Gas is fine!

    ReplyDelete