Thursday 6 December 2018

O Christmas Tree




Watching, organising and directing the decorating of the Christmans tree is thirsty work.  The men had their lethal raki, the kids a bottle of even more lethal sugary pop and the girls had their special 'own-brand' sangria, only lethal when you stand up.

One cup of vodka
a few cups of   drinkable wine, red or white
topped up with fruit juice, preferably not fresh.  There is nothing healthy about this recipe!

The first jug had a rather odd taste.  We decided it was the wine which is why I emphasise the use of a 'good' wine.  We added some more vodka, some of that sugary pop and the more we drank the better it got.  The second jug was fruity perfection, and the job got done to the satisfaction of even the fussiest of over-lookers


The 'star' goes on the top of the tree.  Our tradition is a big red poinsettia flower


Doesn't that look gorgeous reflected in the windows




Tall people tack up my crochet Christmas bunting


Up go the Christmas balls, hanging from the rafters


And the mistletoe is put in place


My knitted Christmas hat got its first wearing


And Santa (St Nick to you, St Basil to us)
popped in with a 'ho,ho,ho'

12 comments:

  1. Fun was had, by all....!!!!!

    (Any head aches, the following morning???) -grin-

    Love how you can put your tree, in lovely windows, and let it reflect! L-o-v-e reflection pics! Can it be seen much, by "paser-bys", and/or neighbors?

    Also like to get peeks into your home!!!! I love, love, love peeks into blogger's homes!!!!!! We all do, I'm sure! I'm not the only one!!! >,-)

    You mostly show the patio area outside. Glad it's winter now. More photos inside, please. :-))))

    ✨🎄✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of my indoor photos are around our big dining table. I'll try and get a bit of variety. Very rustic!

      Delete
  2. Oh my, I'd be either asleep, or dropping the ornaments! So nice that everyone gets involved in the decorating. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did manage t drink a few glasses but actually we were up and down helping the kids so we didn't over indulge this time. I still have half a jug in the fridge. I wonder if it goes off?

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful tradition to decorating the tree
    Might have to do the same here. But I think my tree might be a tad wonky if I do lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As the grandaughters get older they show their artistic side so our tree in the last few years has been quite presentable. Thank goodness they all get on well together. Every year someone different puts the flower on top of the tree and we write their name on the tree box so they all get their turn

      Delete
  4. Love the tree and all its reflections. Looks like a fun time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids had loads of fun and I didn't have to put the tree together. Everone was happy

      Delete
  5. I like the idea of Christmas bunting. Sounds like you're all getting 'in the mood'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first time in a few years it actually feels like xmas

      Delete
  6. The Red Flag is sung to the"oh Christmas Tree tune". I believe it was Prince Albert who introduced the Christmas tree to Britain and Queen Victoria wore a white dress to her wedding and every bride started doing the same. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So all these 'traditions' aren't that old. I guess it is now really what each family does to make their own traditions

      Delete