C & C, THEN FINISH THOSE PLACEMATS
-
*Well, another morning attending Coffee & Chat ahead of me.*
*ABOVE: Then home to continue working on those 14 placemats. They will
probably take me...
The Second Hill from the Left
-
Look carefully, *Gop Hill is the second from the left *on the horizon.
That’s home.
I finished counselling early ( a no show) so I went for a coffee ...
I'm rich.
-
I don't really believe in 'luck' as such, but I'm always prepared to change
my mind.
So, imagine my 'luck' when I found this £Million Note lying on the ...
Familarisation.
-
That 'was it or wasn't it ?' terrorist attack at the air base in
Gloucestershire leads the morning news broadcast. Before being arrested one
of the men ...
More flowers
-
I hope you don’t get sick of them.
I love walking around the garden and seeing it all come to life
Some of the roses, I don’t think we will get a lot...
Ocular mission accomplished
-
Yesterday Walt and Tasha drove me up to Blois, our *dรฉpartement's* capital
city — it takes close to an hour to get there by car — for my appointment
to h...
Hello Autumn
-
These first few days of Autumn, a little decorating, a little gardening, a
little relaxing
Life is noticeably slowing
Nights are drawing in fast, dark be...
The runner/jogger rant.....
-
I have a bone to pick with runners. I am not sure why, but they seem to
think they have the right of way, regardless of traffic lights, or how
narrow t...
Issues with Blogger
-
I can’t be the only one who has realized this but I sometimes like to put
it out there and see if others want to add anything. My reading list has
been ...
Contrast
-
Hakatere Food Festival: As part of Welcoming Week, the festival celebrates
the people who choose to make Mid Canterbury home, and the skills, culture
and...
Happy New Year to all of us.
-
Tomorrow is our New Year's Eve. In previous years there was always
excitement in the air. As if something good was about to happen, lots of
good hopes a...
it's time to go
-
I have had a lot of fun letting you know how I feel about my new home of
New Zealand. I hope you have enjoyed my journey, too.
My health is not the best...
BRIGHTON
-
In our local paper this morning was this photo of Falmer pond. It said it
was in Sussex so I did a google search to see where Falmer is as I was
brought u...
Multi Tasking
-
There was a storm this afternoon - thunder, lightening, very, very
frightening. Unable to get outside to do any gardening I decided to use
the time to d...
Books 1-7
-
Bloody River Blues by Jeffery Deaver
Well, that wasn't a good start to the year! I read 125 pages (which was
more than a third of the book) and I just c...
Xmas decorations
-
Greymouth has 3 main streets in town. On the way home from work at night
I've been stopping to take photos of some of the shop window decorations.
It'...
A Birthday Present.
-
I reached the grand old age of 62 last Friday. Like that great English
folk singer Sandy Denny once sang:
"Who knows where the time goes?"
I received ...
Quince, Life, and Puppy Dog Tales
-
The season of mellow mists inevitably means that I suddenly have a deep
desire to store food in the form of jams, pickles and syrups. It also
means that...
Friday prayers
-
Look at sales figures, origins, annual reports, statements from company
chairmen; become armchair investors and see what you would do yourself,
annual ...
Aoteaora's first Maori police woman
-
Evelyn Mete Kingi was born Evelyn Owen in Moerewa and has been described as
a woman of resilience and character.
She was born in 1922 and joined the thir...
Farewell My Friends
-
After blogging for nearly six years, I have decided to retire. Blogging
filled an empty spot in my life after losing my husband, but that has
changed...
Catching up!
-
Oh dear, nearly six months since I last posted a blog. It is not that I
have been bothered to write to you. Oh no. It is because words have been
absent ...
Professing !
-
Actual professing.
There are times when every learned person has the duty of stepping up to
the line and of explaining the intricacies of life from the...
Internal Garden Monologue
-
If you had told me 5 years ago, I would be sitting in a house, at a table
over looking a front garden in Scotland, I would have laughed my socks
off. I...
A Note of Sadness
-
One of the problems about getting so involved with these m/s recipe books
is that I feel as though I almost know the women who wrote them. I can see
how th...
:)
ReplyDeleteIt is the perfect combo. Kali oraxie
ReplyDeleteThat's what he says !
DeleteI was watching a Rick Stein programme where they boiled Octopus for just 3 minutes. He said it was very tender. I always thought it took hours!
ReplyDeleteNo way it would be tender after 3 minutes!!
DeleteIt was on his programme about Palermo. One of the Weekend Breaks series.
DeleteI will look for it on youtube. Maybe it was boiled first for an hour or so and just presented as 3 minutes. It would have been very chewy I'm sure
DeleteI haven't had ouzo in years, it was nice.
ReplyDeleteBetter if you drink it on a Greek island!!
DeleteSeems perfect to me.
ReplyDeleteHe sure thinks it's perfect
DeleteLooks like a happy man there
ReplyDeleteVery happy. As Angela said, it's the perfect combo...for him
DeleteHe's a sucker for octopus then?
ReplyDeleteGood one JC ๐ ๐
Delete๐
ReplyDelete๐๐
DeleteHe looks happy :)
ReplyDelete